Wednesday 17 June 2009

How To Make Yourself Look Stupid.

Well, I had my first injection yesterday afternoon under the guidance of my lovely MS Nurse. I decided to use the Rebiject thingy and ended up making a bit of a tit of myself when I cross threaded it when screwing it back together. This caused the glass syringe to break and scatter broken glass and Rebif over the nurse's desk.



Top Tip #1 - Don't Cross Thread The Rebiject!!



Thank heavens for my lovely nurse who has endless patience and lets face it, if it had to go wrong, it's best to do it with the nurse than at home. After the embarrassment had worn of I had a couple of dummy runs without further incident and was able (finally) to give myself the injection. Yay! There was no pain at all and so far no sign of a site reaction.



It's now the afternoon of the day after and I feel as if I've got the tail end of a cold, a bit hot and headachey but nothing a couple of paracetamol can't sort out. I'm going to do the next one the day after tomorrow and on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays thereafter. It's all to easy at this stage to think that it's all going to be plain sailing but I have to remember that I'm only taking the 8.8 micro gram doses, the 22 and 44's are still to come. But hey, if I'm going to maintain a healthy number of fleshy bits to inject into, I'd better have some chocolate. I reckon I've earned it!

No comments:

Post a Comment